HELEX Advocaten & Rechtsanwälte is committed to providing you with the best possible service. Nevertheless, you may have a complaint about our services.
To resolve your complaint, HELEX has set up the following complaints procedure. This procedure applies to all the assignments undertaken and services delivered by HELEX. No charge is made for handling your complaint.
- Submitting a complaint
- Complaints can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com
- You must submit your complaint within three months of the moment you are aware of the circumstances that gave rise to your complaint. If your complaint is submitted later, the complaints officer may decide not to handle the complaint.
- To assess your complaint in the best possible way, it is important that you include the following information:
- Your full contact details ((company) name, address, telephone number and e-mail address)
- The file number
- A clear description of your complaint
- Copies of documents that clarify the complaint.
For your complaint to be handled properly, it is important to provide all relevant information.
- You will receive a written confirmation of receipt of your complaint as soon as possible.
- Complaints Officer
- Complaints are dealt with by the complaints officer appointed by HELEX, M.J.H. van der Tol, attorney at law at HELEX. In the event of a conflict of interest, the Complaints Officer will designate another HELEX lawyer to handle the complaint.
- Treatment of the complaint
- The Complaints Officer will notify the lawyer concerned of the complaint and give him/her the opportunity to respond (in writing) within a period to be set.
- The complaints officer may ask you for additional information during the assessment of the complaint.
- If the complaints officer considers it necessary, both parties can be invited for a meeting. This meeting can take place digitally.
- The Complaints Officer shall ensure that the complaint is handled promptly and properly.
- A complaint will be handled with the utmost care and confidentiality.
- Outcome of the complaint procedure
- Within four weeks, you will receive an opinion on the merits of your complaint. This opinion will state the grounds on which it is based and may contain recommendations. The lawyer about whom you have complained will also receive this opinion. If there is a delay, you will be informed of this and reasons will be given.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint procedure, you may consider submitting your complaint to the Dean of the Bar Association in the district of Rotterdam.
- You also have the option of taking the case to court. In that case, the District Court in Rotterdam is competent (see also art. 10 General Terms and Conditions).