Attorney & Rechtsanwältin
Ute Acker is German by background and specialised in German and Dutch Company Law. For several years she assists mainly German companies concerning their business activities in the Netherlands. Ute Acker advises, negotiates and litigates on contract issues between her clients and their Dutch suppliers, customers and business partners. She acts as legal advisor for Directors, Boards and Company Owners concerning their Dutch subsidiaries and employees. She is a member of the German and Dutch Bar Association.
In view of her background and experience, Ute Acker has an outstanding knowledge of the German and Dutch legal and negotiation culture. She has a valuable network of professionals, that are at the disposal of her clients if necessary. These include tax lawyers, Notaries, as well as attorneys that are specialised in other fields of law than HELEX Law.
Ute Acker specializes in Company Law. She advises and litigates on issues of international purchase and sale, General Terms and Conditions, complex cross border warranties.
She also assists German clients in the foundation, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring of Dutch companies and subsidiaries.
Another area of her expertise is advising German clients in the field of employment law. This includes matters relating to changes in Management, company restructuring and works council.
Ute Acker is President of the German-Dutch Attorneys Association e.V.
Furthermore she is a member of the Dutch Bar Association, the German Bar Association, the Dutch Distribution Franchise and Agency-Law Association, the German Transportation Law Association, and the Dutch Association for Transportation Attorneys.
- Advising a German Holding Company, part of a German-Swiss technology concern on a Dutch subsidiaries‘ crisis situation.
- Assisting the German Directors of a Dutch production company on company closing and social plan negotiations.
- Supporting company restructuring, including dismissals as well as outsourcing, of a Dutch subsidiary of a large German logistics company.
- Successful defence litigation for a German manufacturer company in court proceedings regarding a warranty claim of a Dutch customer.
- Successful enforcement of purchase claims in a post-merger issue.
- Termination of an Agency contract and founding of an independent Dutch sales company for a German refrigeration units manufacturer.
- Masters of Law in Cologn and Hamburg, Germany, and Geneva, Switzerland
- Masters of International Business Law (LL.M.) London School of Economics, (London, GB) 1991
- Manager of the legal department of the German-Dutch Chamber of Commerce, The Hague 1997 - 1999
- Attorney of Law, Kernkamp Advocaten, Rotterdam, the Netherlands, 1999 - 2003
- Attorney of Law, DLA Piper, Rotterdam, the Netherlands 2003 - 2007, admission to the Dutch Bar Association in 2004
- Attorney of Law, DVDW Advocaten, The Hague, the Netherlands, 2007- 2011
- Partner at DVDW Advocaten and Manager of the German Desk, The Hague, the Netherlands, 2011-2018
- Co-founder of HELEX Law (Advocaten & Rechtsanwälte), Rotterdam 2018.